Thursday, May 30, 2013

art 1 final portfolio


1.The print was my favorite project and it was also my most successful. I picked the tuna because i love fishing more than anything and tuna is the coolest fish. The lintholium was very cool as well because i have never used something like it. Its like a rubber pallett were you cut out the design which was very fun. It was so cool how the picture would turn out after you put it on the paper. I tried to add more stuff but I didn't really know what to add to it so i put another tuna and some air bubbles. I picked yellow and blue because at the time it was the NCAA tournament and my favorite team is Marquette.
2) This may not have been my favorite art project. But I learned the most from this than any other project because it taught me to blend paint together and add value to paint. I didn't do the best job but I learned a lot. I picked the beach because it was a easy and simple landscape to paint for the first time. Also because I have had a lot of great experiences there and figured it would be fun to paint. But the final project did not turn out as great as I had expected. Blending the paint was a struggle for me and it showed. But overall it turned to be "alright" but it didn't show what I was truly acapble of.

3) I used previous techniques and skills from previous projects for this clay tile project. I learned how to add value to this from our previous project of the car stencil. I also learned how to paint by useing techniques from the landscape painting. This has helped me grow as an artist by giving me more of a feel for the texture of things such as clay and paint. I also learned how to make texture on clay which i think made me grow as an artist alot. The last thing i learned that i used in this is the horizon line from the POV drawing.

4) This was the least important project to me in this course. I felt this way because i reallly didnt learn anything by doing this project.It was boring and no learning experience at all which to me was a waste of time. Out of everything done in this course; this one had nothing to do with any of them. I wish we could have done somthing like chalk instead. i was looking forward to doing somthing like that.
5) This picture reflects me as an artist because it shows my creativity. It shows how i think and what kind of cartoons i like. I chose plankton because i loved spongebob as a kid, and i kinda still watch it sometimes. But i wanted to be different then spongebob cause hes just a block. so i chose plankton but i think mr.krabs would hav been a better idea now that i think about it. Either way i think i did good and this really shows how i am as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment